08 October 2012

For my own memory...

I'm writing this for really no one but myself and my own memory for much later in my life but I'm more than happy to share my sweet moment.  

Tonight I fed Toby his nightly bottle before bed, nothing different or out of the ordinary.  We went upstairs turned off the light and sat in the rocking chair.  He finished his bottle and instead of just laying him down, I rocked him.  I rocked MY Toby baby.  He snuggled into me, eyes half closed and I tickled his face.  I tickled his face like I can remember my own Mom tickling my face as a girl.  Ever so gentle only grazing his sweet, soft angel like face.  He gives me his crocked smile as I run my finger tips over his chubby cheeks.  Letting out a soft giggle and closing his eyes a little more.  I tickle him and touch him, I study his smile in the soft night light glow, I see his blue eyes slowly opening and closing and I try to store this memory forever because I don't know when the last time will be that I will feed him a bottle at night, rock him and caress his sweet face.  Whether it be that he hasn't gotten to big or that I just don't take the time and treasure it like I should.  I want to remember tonight for ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment